|Place / country:||Leipzig, Germany|
|Building type:||Production shed|
|Solutions:||CI System Rooflight Dome F100|
CI System Continuous Rooflight S
Double-glazed acryl glass
Lift shaft grating
The unique architecture and the optimum use of daylight through rooflight domes and continuous rooflights ensure ergonomic workplaces and high production efficiency. The heart and communication hub of the facility is the main building, which was built according to the designs of renowned London architect Zaha Hadid. The building and organisational structure give an impression of transparency thanks to the interior courtyards and the natural light streaming through the generous glass facades and around 40 continuous rooflights in the roof.
- Rooflight domes custom-made according to BMW's specifications with special roof opening dimensions.
- Glazing consists of double-glazed, opal acryl glass with 77% light transmission
- Heat insulation in rooflight domes features a U value of 2.4 W/(m²K)
- Fall protection during maintenance and cleaning thanks to the light shaft grating
- CO2 release device for SHEV unit with pneumatic drive (certified, custom-made design)