LAMILUX has developed a new type of composite material for the medical sector: the fibre-reinforced polymer features a special silver nanoparticle surface which produces an anti-bacterial effect. This means that germs on this surface die within a few hours. The innovative material is thus eminently suitable as a wall covering in places such as operating theatres and other medical facilities.
Besides use in the medical sector, there are also numerous applications for this hi-tech, anti-bacterial material in the food industry. More precisely, it is used in areas where high hygiene standards must be met and sterility is a top priority, such as processing facilities, slaughter houses, and refrigerated warehouses, storerooms and vehicles.
LAMILUX AntiBac is available
- In thicknesses between 0.6 and 5.0 mm
- For all LAMILUX products with Gelcoat surface
- In a range of colours: RAL, NCS scale and customer-specific colours
- In widths up to 3.2 m
- As panelling or sheeting
- Commercial vehicle sector
- Construction sector
- Medical and hygiene sector
Specific product advantages
- Triple effect on bacteria of all types, including resistant strains
- Over 99.9% of all bacteria are killed within 24 hours
- Anti-bacterial effect lasts for more than 50 years, even under poorest conditions
- Harmless to humans and nature, as verified multiple times
- Extra safety and minimised risks since each part of the surface is constantly disinfected
LAMILUX has developed an innovative composite material for use in the medical sector: The fibre-reinforced composite features a special nano silver surface which has antibacterial effects. The effect: Germs die off within a few hours. This innovative material is therefore perfectly suited for use a wall coating in operating theatres and other clinical facilities, for example.
In addition to use in the medical sector, there are also many uses for the high-tech, antibacterial material in the food industry. More specifically, where strict hygiene standards must be complied with and sterility is of the utmost importance; for example, in cold stores, refrigerated warehouses and vehicles as well as in preparation rooms and abattoirs.
Thanks to its permanent antimicrobial effect, LAMILUX AntiBac helps to compensate for natural fluctuations in cleaning and disinfection on all wall and ceiling surfaces. This creates a redundant system for maximum hygienic safety.
Disinfection means a reduction in germs by a factor of at least 105; in other words, thanks to LAMILUX AntiBac, less than 10 in 1,000,000 replicable germs survive.
WITH LAMILUX ANTIBAC
LAMILUX AntiBac offers permanent disinfection of the entire surface, even in areas which are difficult to access.
LONG-TERM EFFECT & DURABILITY
- Silver ion release (worst case conditions) under the substance-specific limit for food contact according to the EU Biocides Regulation (50 ng/g)
- Theoretical durability: 55 years (= max. duration of silver ion release and consequent anti-microbial effect when cleaned twice a day) using maximum aggressive cleaning method with diluted nitric acid (HNO3 at 40°C)
- Laboratory weathering as per DIN ISO 4892:-2-A-2 1,000 h
- Condensation test 40 °C 100% R.H. (no change in material and surface properties)
- Temperature change test 8h 80°C / 16h -25°C 6 weeks (no change in material and surface properties)
- Temperature exposure at 80°C for 6 weeks (no change in material and surface properties)
Efficacy against the following pathogens according to the standards JIS Z 2801, DIN EN ISO 22196, ASTM 2180, ASTM 2149
Bacillus subtilis, Burkholderia cepacia, Clavibacter michiganensis, Enterococcus faecium, Erwinia amylovora, Escherichia coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Pseudomonas fluorescens. Pseudomonas syringae, Rhizobium radiobacter (Agrobacterium tumefaciens), Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Streptococcus mutans, Aspergillus niger, Aureobasidium pullulans, Aureobasidium pullulans, Candida albicans, Fusarium solani, Nivale Nival, Penicillium funiculosum, Scopulariopsis brevicaulis, Streptomyces abikoensis, Trichophyton mentagrophytes, virus bacteriophage MS2 and others
SAFETY & NON-TOXICITY
|In-vitro cytotoxicity:||ISO 10993-5|
|Mutagenicity:||OECD TG 471|
|Allergy test:||Local Lymph Node Assay (LLNA)|
|Skin tolerance:||OECD TG 402|
OECD TG 404
OECD TG 406
OECD TG 406
|Inhalation studies:||OECD TG 413|
|Oral toxicity:||OECD TG 408|
Developmental toxicity & teratogenicity:
|OECD TG 413|
OECD TG 422
|Water organisms:||OECD TG 201, 202, 203, 210, 211, 221|
|Micro-organisms:||OECD TG 217, 201, ISO 15685, DIN 38412 L 48, DIN ISO 17155|
|Soil organisms:||OECD TG 232, 226, 222, 219, 207, ISO/DIS 17512-1|
|Activated sludge:||OECD TG 303, 209|
|Waste water treatment plant:||Nitrification is not affected, neither is the efficient, high removal rate of the nano silver (worst case scenario: 1 ppm nano silver)|
LAMILUX has developed a highly effective, resistant material during a three-year research project in cooperation with scientists and health professionals. This material is able to enhance hygiene standards worldwide in many areas of life on a sustainable basis. LAMILUX AntiBac neutralises over 99.9% of all bacteria on its surface effectively and permanently, whether fitted as wall and ceiling panelling in hospitals and operating theatres, as a lightweight material for food transport or as hygienic wall panelling in the food processing industry.
Do you have any further questions or would you like to find out more about LAMILUX Composites GmbH?